Sarojini Naidu – Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Leadership Awards
In association with the Embassy of India (Berlin), one award shall be conferred by ISG every year. It shall be awarded to an Indian students association or an individual. The awards shall be conferred to the association / individual who has contributed to the betterment of situation of Indian students in Germany and assisted in their integration into the German society.
- For the year, 2017, the awards were conferred on 05-Oct-2017 during the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Lecture in Hannover, Germany
- The award conferred in 2017 include a citation and cash prize of €1000 each (two awards)
- The awards were judged based on activities of association / individual between 01-Jan-2016 to 01-Sep-2017
The 2016 Sarojini Naidu – Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Leadership award was awarded to
- Association of Indian Students in Aachen (AISA Aachen)
- India Students Association at TU Hamburg-Harburg (ISA – TUHH)
Awards for 2016 being conferred to AISA Aachen (left) and ISA TUHH (right). The award was given by Mr. Abhishek Singh (Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Berlin) and Smt. Manjistha Mukherjee Bhatt (Director, The Tagore Centre, Cultural Wing of Embassy of India, Berlin) on 05-Oct-2016 in Hannover (Germany)
Certificates of the 2016 award bestowed upon AISA Aachen and TUHH Hamburg
The call for nominations for the year 2017 will be announced in summer 2017.