Federal Ministry of Education provides bridging aid for students in pandemic emergency situations
FAQs related to immigration -COVID19(Germany)
Due to the current situation in connection with the spread of the conronavirus, the local immigration authorities are only accessible to a limited extent. Here you will find general information on various residence law issue..
Information on Covid-19
To assit you find answers to your queries and to get further information on the current situation we have compiled some of the useful webpages given below that give useful information and practical guidelines.
(disclaimer: ISG will not hold responsibility for the correctness of the information in the links provided)
Coronavirus and entry restrictions: 4 things travelers to Germany need to know
Help for foreign students:
Coronavirus and studierendenWERK’s services: FAQ
The impact of COVID-19 on lease agreements in Germany – practical considerations
Daily updates on the coronavirus
Information on the Corona virus (DAAD)
Changes affecting expats in Germany
Below are some of the immediate changes that could affect expats in Germany.
1. Changes to BAföG repayments
2. Easier access to child supplement
3. Childcare contributions suspended in some federal states
4. Hartz IV without means test
5. Higher air traffic tax
6. Higher minimum wage in construction
7. Protection for tenants in coronavirus crisis
8. Loan repayments can be suspended
9. Payments for electricity, gas, water and telephone can be suspended