We are pleased to share with you that the DAAD, DWIH (German House for Research and Innovation) New Delhi and the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) are hosting the Falling Walls Lab India 2017.
Location: IIT Madras
Date: 12 – Aug – 2017
Application deadline: 12 – Jun – 2017
The Falling Walls Lab gives innovative young minds the opportunity to present their research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today to a panel of eminent jury and general public.
The winner of the Lab qualifies and gets funded by the DWIH to participate in the Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2017 as one of 100 international and interdisciplinary participants. The winner is also awarded with a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2016 where some of the world’s most prominent scientists present their current breakthrough research.
More Information on Falling Walls Lab India 2017: The International Conference on Future Breakthroughs in Science and Society
Who can apply for the Falling Walls Lab? Great minutes and 3 minutes to fame !
The Falling Walls Lab addresses a broad range of people from all professional backgrounds and disciplines. They are looking for:
- Scholars, researchers and scientists (BA-students, MA-students, PhD-/ doctoral candidates and post-docs)
- Entrepreneurs, engineers and young professionals (Start-ups, inventions, initiatives and business ideas)
- Innovators from all areas – science, the humanities, arts, business and technology
The selection criteria are as follow:
- If a person has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years.
- If a person has a Master’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 7 years.
- If a person has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years.
- Postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply. The applicant has to be of legal age (18 years or older) in order to participate in the Falling Walls Lab.
What can you win at the international Falling Walls Labs: Share your innovative idea and win a trip to Berlin !!!
The most intriguing presentations of each international Falling Walls Lab, hosted by an academic partner institution, will qualify for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November and receive an scholarship for the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November. Accommodation is covered from 8 to 9 November and travel costs are sponsored by each academic partner institution.
- Announcement: http://falling-walls.com/lab/applyold?location=8
- FAQ for scholars: http://www.falling-walls.com/lab/faq1
- More about Falling Walls Lab: http://www.falling-walls.com/lab